New Symptom
Hello I haven't posted in a while because I have been feeling better with topamax therapy, the headaches have gotten better, but I do have a new symptoms the last couple weeks i wanted to ask if other have experienced.
I have intense pressure in my head mostly in the top and front and my temples go numb, both at the same time. Also, along the sides of my head above my ears. It either feels numb or like intense pressure. Its always equal, not one side more than the other. Also more pressure along the base of my skull. Does this sound like a CSF flow blockage? I have not been tested for that yet. There is not really much pain, probably because everything is numb, but lots of pressure that is very annoying and I feel like I can't think straight. Ugh!!!! Does Asprin help with this???
Thanks for any help!
Renee

Hi...glad to hear that TOPAMAX is helping you....keep in mind Chiari symptoms will cycle and can change with time....but when ever you get a new symptom report it to your Dr....not everyone may have the same symptoms so that does not mean it is not Chiari related...it just means that is how you are experiencing it...

When I was on TOPAMAX I felt that way too...could not think straight....but it does change the HA's which can be very helpful....
Hi Renee, some of the symptoms you describe are the ones I experienced after I had surgery (pressure at the base of the skull and above your ears). I do not know for certain, but I reported these symptoms at my 6-month post-op appointment. My doctor ordered a CT scan and I am also having the surgery for cranialcervical instability, which is related to the chiari. Just be sure to keep track of all these new symptoms so you will have access to them when you do see the doctor. You also asked about aspirin. Aspirin with caffeine (Excedrine, I think) gives me some relief. Ask about it first because aspirin is tough on your stomach. Good luck; I hope you can feel some relief.