New here....
This isn't really a question as much as I'm excited I found this community. I recently started working as a CMA in a cardiology unit and was researching the difference between stents and shunts. Someone posted a question about them in this group a few years ago and it came up 3rd in my Google search. I was diagnosed with Chiari Type I about 7.5 years ago. At the time I knew nothing about it - hadn't even heard of it. But it explained everything I was going through (and continue to go through). I had the decompression surgery not long after my diagnosis. I did really well for a few years, but the past couple of years have been really rough. Visits to neurologists and neurosurgeons have done nothing. I kind of feel like I'm back to where I was before the surgery. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Yes a few members have been thru a similar experience as u.....many times it is a related underlying condition that causes this......

Also having the right Dr is key,,,,,

There are several things that may be going on.....and I am sure if u use the search this community u will find more threads with this type of question.

Just know u r not alone....and if I can be of any help let me know.