New to the Group
Hello all!! I'm new to the group and would like to know how to find the list of Chiari specialist that you have. I have been having a rough time since I was taken out of work last July (2011) and my world has been turned upside down ever since. Started out being treated for myofacial pain syndrome,then diagnosed by family dr with fibromyalgia, then found out I had type 2 diabetes, next was periphial neuropathy, confirmed fibro by rheumatologist, then chiari malformation type 1!!! Now I'm scheduled for surgery on Dec 6th due to condition worsening and I'm scared, nervous and very anxious!!! Would like to see if the dr I'm seeing is on the list. He is the 2nd neurosurgeon I've seen and highly recommended by the dr I started seeing in Jan. and I trust my dr.  He has been very upfront about what is going on with me and has pushed to help find the answers of what is going on with me. He has not treated me like I was crazy or pushed me to the side like I was not important, but if the dr is on the list I would like to know how other people felt about him.  Hope this makes sense!!!  Hope you all have a great day!!

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

U can access the list 2 ways, one is on the forum as a thread, it is floating around and I bump it up from time to time and in the Health Pages...Keep in mind the list is of Drs that treated members, not all may be true Chiari specialists and u do have to research them, this is just a starting point for u.
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=186

I see u have surgery scheduled....may we ask with whom? and what type of surgery ur Dr is going to do?

Have they ruled out all related conditions?

Keep in mind not all Chiari specialists may be on our list.
Hi, I am also in NC.
You will find lots of support here.  Best wishes to you.
Hi karenann, i am new too, but feel like i was welcomed in with open arms.. I know exactly what u.mean when u say ur world was turned upside down. Thats all I've been saying since all this started. Best of luck with ur surgery!