Aa
A
A
Close
PULSING HEAD SYMPTOM
Does anyone else experience this type of feeling.  My son (23) says he experiences a constant pulsing sensation  as well as a pressure on side and top of head. I have heard of pounding headaches as a chiari symptom, but not a pulse type of sensation.
Is this an uncommon symptom?
Karen
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
939586 tn?1245245657
I can understand this complaint very well! Mine is not constant though....just before my head starts to hurt really bad, my head pulses on my right side, I feel it all over the area I have the most constant pressure. Then I get slammed with a debilitating headache!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi...if there is a CSF blockage it is possible to feel the headache as a pulse bcuz it goes with the heart beat......that is why the CINE MRI done to look for CSF blockages uses a BP clip to monitor the BP as they watch the CSF flow.

Make sure the CINE MRI is done w/wo contrast.

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Me again! My son will be having a CINE MRI. At thispointI do not know if it will be ordered w/wo contrast. Could you please explain that a little further--why contrst is needed?
Thaks very much.
Karen
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi Karen,

The contrast "lights" up the area's they r looking at to see more closely what is causing the blockage and what nerves  may be inpinged.

Imagine looking into the back of the closet with out a light....u can see what is there, but with a light u can see the detail...like color more clearly.

If it is not done with and w/o contrast when u get to a chiari dr u will have to re do the test...also if u do not see one with in 6 months of the test.

I hope that helps : )

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Very helpf\ul.  Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 11
979826 tn?1389039958
Blank
soccero feeling absolutely horrible ;( Comment
Jul 09
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank