Possible chiari, facial pain question
I everyone.  I'm just reading here and wanted to introduce myself.

I've been getting evaluated to see what is "wrong" with me, and looking into MS and things like that.  My MRI of the brain says no demylination, but mild cerebellar tonsillar ectopia on the right side.  That, along with swollen sinuses, is the only thing they mentioned in the MRI report.  Neurologist looked at it and said that I don't have a chiari and dismissed it.  But then ordered MRI of c-spine and t-spine.  I got the report from that MRI that says herniated disc in the t-spine and bulging disc and spondylosis in the c-spine.  Also spinal cord deformity in the t-spine.  Not sure what all that means since I haven't been to the neurologist again yet (I go on wednesday).  But I'm wondering if I should investigate this chiari thing?  Why would the radiologist say I had it and the neuro say I don't??  I think it would make sense if I do have it.  Neuro said based on my exam he would've guessed MS but since I Have no lesions, it's not MS.  But, he didn't say what could be causing all my symptoms.

Also, my rheumy said he thought I had trigeminal neuralgia and to tell the neurologist about it.  He says it isn't TN, but didn't offer any explanation of what it could be.  Could this pain around my eye/nose/temple area be related to the chiari??  Are cranial nerve issues related to Chiari?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

In order to get answers u may need a little more testing....it is possible to have an obstruction to ur CSF flow and that could cause the issues/symptoms u mentioned.

Many Drs and radiologists do not agree what Chiari is, some look to the size herniation, instead of the malformation of the skull, which is Chiari and the herniation results from having Chiari, it is not the other way round.....

U will continue to get these disagreeing dx'd until u go to a true Chiari specialist.....

We do have a list for u to use to research Drs.....

Just know u r not alone.... <3