Post op pain
I am 5 days post op and am feeling great except I have pain in the back left side of my head from about the top down to the end of my hair line and it feels like someone is stabbing me there. It is extremely sinsitive to touch as well and this might sound strange but I can also at times feel like it "bubbling" right there. Also I have been doing my excersices and am doing great walking and moving my arms but I cannot move my neck back at all and barely down and side to side. Is thr normal? It doesn't really hurt to try it, I just can't. Also I am starting to weene myself off of the pain meds which was only percassett (however you spell that) and have only had it once today.

Hi...pain is normal post op, especially this soon post op....do u not have some type of muscle relaxers?

Try placing a warm compress or heating pad on ur neck b4 u try to move it to help loosen it up....heat helped me....no more then 15 mins at a time.

many will get the pain as the drugs used for surgery leave their system....u may want to stay on the meds for a while, usually 2 to 3 weeks..we r all diff....but do not rush to get off them as u will get pain  u will not be able to calm down if u let it get beyond the scheduled time and once u r in pain, the meds r not as effective.

Some of the issues u r describing could be from the halo that was used to hold ur head still during surgery....

Not sure about the bubbling, is this at an incision?
As Selma said having this pain is normal.  My NS told me when I complained of this that we don't realize what they have to do during surgery.  Usually the pain is caused by the muscle they have to move over in order to get to the sight they need to work on. It's the size of a quarter and muscles have memories so right now that is all they know is pain.   As Selma suggested stay on a schedule with the pain meds and the heating pad helps but no longer that 15 min other wise your muscles relax while being heated then when it cools it will stiffen up again.  Every day you will see a difference. Listen to your body when you need to rest. Please rest, no lifting, bending, pulling.   Praying for better days ahead for you.

Linda :)
Thank you ladies so much you def helped put my mind to ease. I also forgot to ask I have been sleeping in my side a lot and I wake up every 2 hours to switch sides and when I do the ear I was laying on is wet. What is this??
Good news!!!congrats.the pain is really normal and it ll take time to heal.i am a bit concerned about this wet ear thing....it could indicate a csf leak of what i know and is a thing u should inform ur ns asap.try to lie flat and drink a lot.it can resolve on its own or u might get a blood patch later...but do inform ur ns.
Hm....I believe the pain is normal ,especially so soon after post op...though the wet thing is a bit odd, I would call your NS and see what they say.