Chiari Malformation Community
Pseudomeningocele

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Pseudomeningocele

Hi, new to the web site. I had surgery Sept 8th of this year  and now have a pseudomeningocele. Has anyone else had this after surgery?
HI and  welcome to the Chiari forum.

We have had a few members have this develop after surgery....I did not have this issue.

So, the fluid did not reabsorb yet?...sometimes it collects btwn the new dura patch and ur skin......do have ur PCP draw blood to be sure u do not have an infection as well.

Glad to have u as part of our family here, sorry for the reason u had to seek us out.

"selma"
Thank you!
No Infection, was scheduled to go back in black Friday but surgery was canceled. Now I don't go back to see my Dr until the 30th. The fluid is hard in the morning and drains during the day to soft and squishy.They hope it will heal on its own.
Thanks again!!
U r welcome : )

"selma"
Hi Selma, My pseudomeningocele  finally disappeared the night before Christmas. Now I have big dent there. I seen my Dr last week and have another MRI on the 28th. I am just wondering if this is normal to have such a big dent?
HI...I am so glad to hear the fluid was absorbed into ur body.....which should mean less pain in that area.....

As for the dent, I am not sure, but in thinking about it I would think that everything was overstretched and now is loose....even the muscles would be stretched and I think it would give the appearance of a dent ....mayb after some PT to rebuild those muscles the dent may not look like such a cavern .....Ask ur dr and let me know...I have not had this issue and this is only MHO.

Good luck on ur continued  recovery
"selma"
Thank you Selma,
Unfortunately the pressure is still there but also feels like bone on bone! ugh!!. They put my own tissue from my neck and since I had the leaks and pseudomeningocele I was afraid maybe the tissue tore or something, I can even feel were they took my vertrabra. I will let you know what they say after my next MRI

U can feel all that?...hmmmm I can not.....kinda strange.

Good luck on the MRI and please do keep me posted : )

"selma"
I had surgery July 29th and this past tuesday developed pseudomeningocele....waiting to see Neurosurgeon this week for advice....Did you receive advice from your surgeon yet? I was never even educated this could happen from this ACM repair. I have no headaches, nausea or vomiting so I guess thats a good sign....Please let me know what happens?
A nurse Practitioner I talked to on phone said they could place drain, observe, check and repair patch....I have been off work since July 26th and to work tomorrow and this pops up....Surgeons office did not get me in all of last week.....
sorry I just seen 2009.....was thinking you just had it this year....so please let me know what happened...Thanks
selmaS, and The_Marine_Corp_Brat commented on The_Marine_Corp_Brat's status
Apr 27
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
The_Marine_Corp_Brat My brain and my body are no... Comment
Apr 22