Chiari Malformation Community
Rashes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Rashes?

Hi all, just thought I'd ask because I'm sure I read somewhere that syringomyelia can cause rashes although I don't understand how - is this something anyone else experiences? For the past year or so I've been coming out in the same rash? It starts on my chest and forehead and is very light but after a few hours half my face and pretty much my entire torso, sometimes back as well, is very very blotchy and red. The rash always follows the exact same pattern/comes in the same place and never itches but is very hot to the touch. Antihistamines don't do anything.

I've tried to look for a pattern but so far the only links seem to be it usually happens when my body is under stress - typically the rash appears a few days before my period, is more likely if I've been drinking heavily (obviously I haven't lately but my body has been stressed/i did drink alcohol last night) and I usually feel coldy/fluey for a day or two once it goes. The rash today is the worst its been in months.

Could this be related or is it likely something else? Also if its worth anything before I was diagnosed with chiari/syringomyelia I did have blood tests while the rash was apparent to check if it was hormones or something but they found nothing.

Hi....I do not have a syrinx.....and I do know that neuro issues can cause rashes,.....look at  shingles....that is a neuro virus.

I was hoping someone else with a syrinx would comment so u would know u r not alone with this.'

As with nething chiari or syringomyelia when ever u have a new symptom tell  ur Dr so he/she is aware as to how u r being affected.

Stress is a may cursor to trigger many symptoms....

Keep us posted : )