Should I be worried or just chill out?
Had an MRI done recently and the results noted "somewhat low lying cerebellar tonsils, but they are not clearly pegged or extended far enough through the foramen magnum to meet the criteria for a chiari 1 malformation."  I made the unfortunate mistake of picking up the image DVD and researching this further.  

While the report seemed to say "no big deal", the symptoms list resonated with me.  About 3 months ago I had a headache where I ended up dry-heaving for 10 minutes and hiding myself in my room away from light for another hour and a half.  Felt like my eyes were going to pop out.  I have experienced this type of headache before, but not as significant (maybe 3 times a year).  Beyond that my memory has been garbage lately, and prior to any of suggestion of the MRI, I can remember complaining to the doctor about having a hard time speaking and finding the right words during business meetings.  Also complaining to my fiance that I felt like a shadow of myself and like I was operating underwater.  I have experience anxiety and depression in the past, but the anxiety has upped the ante significantly as of late.  I also have a constant throat clearing cough, that my friends used to joke about being able to identify me from a few blocks away by sound.  The cough is so engrained in me that I don't even know I am doing it anymore.  I have also had numbness on the right side of my face very intermittently over the last 3 years.  Insomnia is pretty common as well.

I have a meeting with a neurologist near the end of the month, but I have been spending way too much time and energy reading into all of this.  My fiance and I are taking our first vacation in a year and I am worried this is going to be nagging on me the whole time.  Any thoughts or input?  I know the best suggestion is probably just to chill out until I speak with a professional.  A print screen of my results in attached.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

First, once u have a DX u will want to have more testing done as u could see from the report, they do not consider what u have as Chiari and that was determined by the length of ur herniation....not if ur skull was malformed.

Also u will want to ask is ur Chiari congenital...or acquired.

Then testing to see if u have a CSF obstruction....or over crowding..

The symptoms u mentioned can be considered Chiari symptoms and related condition symptoms...u do have to rule out everything b4 u can move forward.