Sleep apnea dx, no compression, should I see Dr. Di???
Visited Cleveland Clinic last Monday to have a full MRI of my back and CFS test done. The spine dr told me that he agrees that I have Chiari malformation; however, there is no blockage. He is not a Chiari specialist. He also told me that no surgeon would operate on me without blockage. Upon me asking he said that he did not do contrast (if that makes a difference)...

Today I went to a home healthcare company to pick up my CPAP machine since I was dx with sleep apnea last Thursday. whoo-hoo. It is truly my hope that sleep apnea is causing all my symptoms of memory loss, dizzyness, fatigue...

However, should I still see the chiari specialist. Dr. Di. My appointment is next month so my CPAP will have been being used for 30 days so I should know if my symptoms have settled. It is a six hour drive from my home so it is always a two day trip. We all live our own lives; however, what would you do?

Lastly, the spine dr referred me to the "Pain Center" which basically is making me feel like a hypochondriac. UHHH. If anyone on here has apnea and has advice...awesome. Will also be checking out that site too....
HI...see Dr Di...sleep apnea is a side symptoms of chiari.....do  get an true specialists opinion....even if u r not a surgical candidate now, u should have one monitor u. Plus, a spine dr is not the best judge on this as he does not treat it.
Let Dr Di ***** u.

Good luck with the CPAP!!
"selma"
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/Chiari-Related-Death/show/1176509

here is a thread u may want to review.
I agree...I would still go see Dr. Di. I don't believe that the flow test is 100% accurate on telling whether Chiari is symptomatic..it is just one of the factors that they take into account. You have to remember that test is done sitting down and once you stand up the herniation could be plugging things like a cork.

This other dr was not a Chiari specialist..and I would really get an opinion from someone who is.

I hope that you get the sleep apnea under control.

Carolyn