Chiari Malformation Community
So much! Pain & I cannot Write at all!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Not Dr. R's fault by no means, but I feel a bit worse. I feel my headaches have increased a bit more (except that one that is gone). Plus I cannot write in cursive anymore! I have tried writing stuff, including my signature and it comes out so unreadable and just a glop of nothing! Anyone else have this? My left hand does feel a bit weaker. I don't know what to do! I have an appt with him next week, but this is just weird. I am going to have to see a pain management doctor when they give me a referral....(more to come later).

Hi, good to have an update, but sorry u r still dealing with pain and issues.

I  have had issues writing for yrs, I thought I had carpal tunnel as my whole arm would hurt and I could not write nicely....I still have issues, but I do have TC and EDS....

U r still healing from another surgery....it does take time, and this one may be diff then the last one, and y u feel like u do....

The appt with the Dr is soon, so till then rest up and relax as it just may be part of the healing.....

Take care
I dont know how far post op u r...but crazy things happened to me during first months of healing...and it felt i have loads more issues than before.remember all the nerves and the brain has to adopt to the space...its a heavy thing for our body!!!!and in surgery a lot of things are moved around to get where they need to get...i hope these issues will improve with time!!!
I wonder if you are trying to do too much?  
I never expected to be "normal" again-- I was already on SSDI--but I think that helped me deal with the small window of ability I do have.  I was told by an acupuncturist to lie down for 15 min every 2 hr.  (no, I don't, but I still think it is good advice!).
I think this is a very serious life-altering condition--at least it was for me.
I see dr. R. too; TG for him.
Vivian
We really don't realize what surgery does to our bodies.  I unfornturally had to have 4 in all and I have to tell you it does take your body down, but you can built it back up.  It just takes one day at a time.  Having Chairi and having surgery is difficult in itself, but it is the issues we have to except which is a hard journey for some.  It was for me.  I thought.  I'll have surgery, get up and be normal again.  It doesn't happen this way for some of us, so we have to learn, patience, and ecceptance which were hard issues for me to come to terms with because I was such a go getter and wanted things done yesterday.  I now have learned from a long journey to take time for yourself.  Appreciate what you can do and look forward to a better tomorrow.  It will get better.  Your in my prayers for stronger days ahead.   They are there.  Just be patient for them to come to you.
Linda :)
Thank you all! Sorry it has been a little while since I was on here. Hard to type and I have had so much going on - forgetfulness, lol.  I had my appt with him yesterday. Boy did I feel stupid. I do have some other issues going on and he said it is too early to do anything about them or surgery right now. I have narrowing in my neck and he is going to look at my xrays from my back. I am still having issues with those. The pain/migraines I am still exeriencing are probably from that from what he said. He said in the next month or so if I can find a PT that I trust, I should go to one. I forgot to get the prescription for that. I will have to get it when I call for my pain med script in a week and half. He did say pretty much the same as you all. It does take time for everything to fall back into place because he did so much work in there (this was more than the last surgery). Of course anything is more than my first surgery according to 2 doctors - seeing as though the first one was only started and not finished.  Well I have to get off here for now, bc I am in pain from that trip.

Thanks for the update and do rest up.

Glad u got more answers and have an idea of what is going on...

Post when u r up to it : )