Sound Sensitivity
Does anyone pre surgery have sound sensitivity? I am newly diagnosed and have have severe sound sensativity. If anything has a beat or is high pictched it drives me insane. I am also very sensitive to bright lights. Just wondering so I know if this is something I need to talk to the neurologist about. Thanks in advance.
Both are very common.  The hospital said I will have therapy post op for both too so it is common pre and post op.

Hi...yes, I always had this problem and closer to when I had my surgery it got really bad...and I noticed florescent lights really affected me....made me feel odd...and nauseated....and loud places...I never liked it...but even an over crowded location can just be too much distraction and bothersome.

I am getting better with most of it post op, still have light issues, some times more then others....and I have to say I am 2.5 yrs post op.

"selma"
Selma I chose the movie last night based on flashing and loud noise LOL decided I could not do war horse because of war scenes...oh chiari what would wedo without you .... I know I would not shhh my kids as much
I almost told a teen to stop making a dog toy sweek at the grocery store today! My kids and dog dont have any skeeky or load noises, I cant stand them. When I go out of the house I use earplugs. I am realy sensitive to noises, and I didnt had surgery.

This issue was worse for me b4 surgery too...it has gotten somewhat better...but I still get it and avoid overly loud places....

I am 5 mo post op and i cannot stand loud noise, bright lights nor alot of people. I cant watch a show when people are talking nor have a normal conversation without forgetting in the middle what im saying. Nor can i conventrate when theres other noise. It gets annoying. Some days im frusterated other days i laugh at myself. You will adjust.
Thank you for all your quick responses. I will definatly bring this up with the neurologist tomorrow. Thanks
I have always been sensitive to light and noise.my hearing abilities are incredible...i can hear a needle falling to the floor and recognize songs and singers after 3seconds.but on the other hand high pitches and awful voices make me run away.i get kind of dizzy.sometimes i even freak out if people extend a word...ooohhh before surgery i even told my friend to stop talking.after surgery i got even more sensitive to light...but it became better now...but nevertheless without sunglasses i wont leave home.
I am DEFINITELY sensitive to what seems any noises that are "confusing" or loud(to me). My kids are finding this symtom extremly bothersome. If the tv is on low and they are talking amongst themselves...the alternating confusing sounds make me crazyt to the point of yelling....cant you all just ,,be quiet???? I mean really ...what do I expect my three children ,, ages  7,4, and 3 to sit quietly without making a noise or moving all day??? LOL I mean I know that it just ridiculous but  it drives me insane. My 7 yr old told me this morning...Mommy...I was just whispering. I feel so bad when I fuss at them for something they arent even doing wrong. I just dont know what else to do about it. I can't go in my room and shut the door. They are too young to be left alone for so long ./..or even for 30 minutes. :(
I never had the problem with noise or I didn't know it until after my surgeries.  Now I am awful with it.  I have earplug's in every coak, purse, car.  They do help alot.  People don't need to know they are in.  It just block's out the hight pitched noise.  We have to do what we have to do.  I thought it was funny the other day my husband brought me home a hole jar of earplug's.  Yeah they work.  Give them a try and explain to your kid's why you have to wear them if they ask.  I have to use them if more than 5 people are in the room at the same time.  I just sit and smile while kid's are screaming. LOL... hope this helps.  Try it.
Absolutely! This is 'post-op' perhaps my most mentally challenging symptoms. Reasons why are stated above by others almost perfectly. Crowds of people, certain noise frequencies, and yes some florescent or sun lighting. Pre-op it was just very annoying now just over 2 years post-op it has been causing seizures for a little over a year or so.

Ahhhhh.... Chiari.... what would we do without it!

CW
Same here on the sound and light sensitivity.  I am fortunate that my company allowed me to put out all lighting above my desk.  
Yes ... noise sensitivity here. Too. It comes and goes in spurts. I work in a noisy environment, so that doesn't help either. Like right now, my hubs and son are playing in the floor and my daughter is calling for someone to come and get her and the TV is on and the dog is chewing  a bone, and the hubs has been yacking my ear off all day, and all of that is making me want to go into a little padded room and put a pillow over my head.