Stuttering
Has anyone ever experianced stuttering during your struggles with Chiari?
I have never experienced stuttering, but I know I some times have to stop talking in the middle of a sentence because I foget what I was talking about.  For me I know it has something to do with Chairi and also a little bit of aging.  I blame it on Chairi. (smile).  Does this happen to you all the time and is it something that just started? I have noticed that my memory had gotten worse since surgery.  You figure they do move your brain somewhat when having surgery so there is a lot of changes we have to deal with.
I only experianced about one week of heavy stuttering but it was during a time that I was coming off of Diamox.  I have marked it up to the change of medications but thought that I would throw out the question to others in case it is somehow tied to the malformation.  I have def experianced the condition that you described as stopping in the middle of a sentence to figure out what you were saying.  

Hi....I had small occasions of stuttering....and not really had it that I can recall since my surgery.....

"selma"
OH good to know!  I notice that I stutter more when I am feeling the intense pressure in my head when changing positions.  
i have the stutter issue, where i get stuck on a word and keep repeating it, lol. my memory has also gotten worse since surgery. i sometimes cant remember what was said within seconds i forget. i an constantly repeating things to everyone. it *****. i even forget where im going sometimes and what im doing. it gets annoying sometimes and other times i have to laugh at myself. its like im here but not really. does that make sense. like im walking around in a daze and im just here?
I have had three surgeries and did not stutter until after the third.  It seems to come and go depending on how I am feeling but I NEVER stuttered before this last surgery.  I had some damage done so I am assuming this is why but I do think it is improving slowly for me so I am hoping it will go away again at some point. I really get stuck on certain sounds trying to get the words out!  It can be quite annoying at times!
I just had it happen yesterday.  I blamed it on needing to find my words in a hurry (one of my kids needed repremanding).  The words just weren't coming out, and I got stuck on "J-j-j-Ustin!" .

I have "brain fog" (yes, I learned from a CM neuro that's realy a medical term), and have always blamed it on MommyBrain or ADD or being blonde - but the doc said it's severity means it's a CM thing.  It's been gradualy getting worse over time; though just before my last surgery it was almost constant and now it's subsiding a little.

I had a friend who had disabling stuttering.  I mean carrying a card around for his condition.  He always told me stopping mid sentence helped.  I remembered that yesterday and it worked.  Maybe it could help some of us?

I also wind up closing my eyes to help recover lost words and thoughts.  Does this help anyone else?