Surgery in 2 weeks ....omg!
My surgery is in 2 weeks  (18th)...and I'm soooooo scared! I literally a big baby with very low pain tolerance. Im so afraid and nervous of the pain afterwards, and I cannot handle anything stronger than motrin without severe nausea/vomitting...
I know because of my syrinx I ned this..but its not helping calm me!
Sigh!
Mazie :/

For those of us that have had surgery,,...we all can understand how u feel....and most of us will say it is soooooooo worth it....even the little pain post op u do deal with....I really do not remember ne more if I had pain or what it was like if I did....the meds I had in the beginning did not help me, I got sick from them, but once they were changed I was fine....

Just make sure someone is there to over see things for u when u r out of it.

I added u to my Prayer thread list....I did not see ur date on the thread for surgery dates....but we will keep u in our prayer and send u good thoughts.
Imo, docs should give anti-anxiety meds leading up to surgery.  Maybe it's up to the pt to ask.  I ask for them when I have MRIs or lengthy dental procedures.

When I was in the hospital, they didn't let my pain get above 6, so you might want to ask your NS what his policy is.  There are also suppositories for pain; I remember them discussing it, because I was vomiting, but I was never given any.

We will be thinking of you!
Oops, sorry selma, I forgot to add my date, thanks for adding it for me!
@viv, I'm actually already on anti anxiety/depression meds.(celexa, and klonopin as needed) I'm naturally a,worrywart, so this makes it that even worse, ands the fact I know I'm such a baby to pain.!
My hubby isn't big on getting on the net, but said he would gladly txt to update...men! is there a,way to do that on this site?
Mazie :)
If the klonopin is prn, you can ask the dr if you can up it in the short term.  You may still feel scared, but your relaxed body will help you heal better.
Hello mazie I am 9days post up and have to agree strongly with what have seen here on posts re time leading up to surgery ie spending time with family and good friends right. up until day of if possible. This helpeft me so much because it took my mind off of my worries and showed how to be grateful for everything that has happened.  In my case I can't be grateful and worried at the same time IMHO, :-)  another thing that I tried not to think do much of my posts op and I know from your posts that you have done all your homework (this forum helped me so much with that aspect,)   after surgery you will have help - lean on it
yes, there could be setbacks as selma says but you will work through them in the same way you have worked through all the issues and challenges up to this point.  If that is faith lean on that as well.  You are loved you are prayed for.  Hugs. AuntiJune
Auntie, how are you?! Been thinking about you!
Having this forum is actually a source of comfort for me, because I know afterwards that I can come as questions to see if what I am feeling is normal or cause for concern. Since I am a natural worry wort anyhow, and new little thing afterwards wil worry me! Im so glad I have all of you!
Had to take a Klonopin this am, had alot of "what ifs" (bad ones). I just need a different frame of mind., the hospital is a new nice one, all private rooms, etc.. Tryin not to think about it, but easier said than done!
Mazie :)
I tried to think beyond that one day, & then many days afterward.

How about a big Date Night, even if it's just a movie & popcorn at home?

I had new pajamas & flowers waiting for me back home.

I  even reached out to heal a broken friendship (to no avail), but at least I tried, and it made me feel better.