Syringomyelia
I have had 2 MRIs in the past 2 years of the brain and 1 cervical spine MRI. the 2 brain MRIs showed 7 mm herniation of the tonsils. nothing was noted about the syrinx. My most recent of the MRIs mentioned was this summer in July, I have had off and on head pressure and neuro symptoms (gagging sensations, pains, waking up gasping for air at night, etc). My question is, now my symptoms of headache have been constant and severe after a coughing from a cold and having a medical test done that led me to gag and strain (tube stuck in my throat). i also have pain radiating in my arms and legs and weird sensations. Is syringomyelia something that would have appeared on my brain MRI in July if i have it now, or could the coughing and straining have caused it suddenly and now i have it? Or can chiari cause the similar symptoms (or worst headache of your life and arm and leg pain and weakness)?

Hi...u can add ur additional questions to ur original thread so it does not get confusing.....

But syringomyelia is not something that will show in the brain MRI it is usually shown in the cervical spine, thoracic or lumbar spine...

They may see part of one and RX a cervical spine MRI to see it in more detail...as I said they can form in the thoracic and lumbar spine as well...if u have not had these other MRI's as well as a CINE MRI  to see  if u have a  CSF obstruction.

Many of the symptoms u have  can be attributed to Chiari and chiari related conditions....so one test after the other and u will find out what all u have going on....I had upper body weakness too....it does get better post op...all in time...so take a deep breath and remember to exhale : )