Chiari Malformation Community
TENS unit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

TENS unit

Just wanted to let you know I went and had the TENS unit explained to me today and she put it on.  She couldn't believe how swollen my neck was and could understand why there was so much pain.  She said I should notice a difference since this unit bring's now swelling.  I'm so anxious to get some relieve.  I'll keep you updated on how it is working.  She said to use it 30min.  It auto. shut's off wait an hour and turn it on again.  So I am waiting for my 2nd treatment.  Just having it on when I was driving home I could feel some relief.  The technology we have today.  Just asking for prayer's that this will work.  I have a positive outlook on it.  Something has to work right?  Hope everyone is having a good day.

Glad u got the tens unit and that u felt some relief with the first session....hope and pray this is an answer for u.

"selma"
Thanks so much.  Trying to keep positive.  Hope your HA is better tomorrow.  Have a good night.
Hi. Can you explain this device to me? For i too have swelling my neck my upper back and down the shoulder area. Ice nor heat help. Tho it releives it while its on there lol. Just curious.
Some info on TENS.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/8513/34968/363973.html#potentialdangers

I find it helps with pain but be careful if you have sensory impalement as it can cause burns (see Potential Dangers on the above web page)
Thanks so much for the information, because I am just trying it out and today is my first day.  I will search this out.  Thanks again
ive had a tens from empi since 2008.. and i love it. it doesnt seem to help all the time but occasionally, esp when my neck back and shoulder MUSCLES are giving me a hard time.. and occasionally itll relieve a headache.. i hope you get some great results :)
Thanks so much.  So far so good.  It has relieved some swelling and with swelling that mean's less pain.  I have been trying to stay away from heat because I think I was using it to much and as the therpist said.  If you use heat to much.  Your muscles will be tight when they cool down.  I have seen a difference thanks.  Happy Thanksgiving also. Enjoy your day.
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22