Tethered Cord Syndrome?
Can someone explain what Tethered Cord Syndrome is?

Hi...TCS- is when a cyst forms and the  lower part of the spinal cord attaches to the spinal column it should be free so u can stretch and move and grow...the restriction on the column can cause scoliosis to form, and it pulls down on the brain stem causes "growing pains" usually in the legs...can cause bowel and bladder incontinence.

Many with TCS have a sacral dimple at the base of their spine above the butt crack...some have a hairy patch....

TCS is difficult to see on a MRI so they use other criteria to dx it, some of the info above as well as an elongated brain stem indicates this as a possibility.For this reason it may be referred to as Occulta tethered cord...occulta meaning hidden.

Hope this helps : )

Thanks Selma  i always have a hard time explaining what it is  thats a great way to describe it.  wonder if tethered spinal cord can cause mid and low back pain. My NS said its possible but as i previously mentioned I'm getting a 2nd opinion on the dx of TSC. I get sharp shooting pains through my spine and a stabbing feeling mid back. I notice its worse after doing light yoga today.

Deff could....for yrs if I lean forward I can feel it stretching...it is an odd feeling
and also for yrs never had the sensation to empty my bladder, but I would get this pain all up and down my spine.,..but the lower back pain is a TC issue I get often...it causes me to be bend like a pretzel....
I am always bent up like a pretzel. Even when I drive i have always had to have my left foot up on the seat or the dash, which drives my family nuts but its more comfortable for me.  I'm not sure if I have TC or not. Some bladder/bowel incontinence but that could be attributed to other issues. Thankfully it doesnt happen that often. My low back has to crack when i go from sitting to standing or I dont feel i'm able to stand right and low back hurts. Forgive me if i sound like I'm complaining a lot lately. Under so much stress with DH heart probs etc. i just feel like this is a safe place to vent. Hugs.