Chiari Malformation Community
The balance problems came back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

The balance problems came back

I was doing so well lately. I even started back at school. My neck pains came back on the forth and with it the balance issues. I got the tordol shot on the sixth and it worked till the 11. Same balance instability. I don't know what to do.
Balance is a real pain...have u bern checked for cervical instability too?;?i am sorry for u...
No. I am post op 6 months though and I thought I got my balance back. I have been off the walker for quite a while. I'm just worried I'm going to start falling again.
I.understand u...this is making really insecure!!! As others always say healing takes a long time and sometimes had set backs too.as u were more active it might be too much stress for ur body...and 6months is not healed completly.anyhow i would get my discs checked to see if thetre is nothing related.
Thanks.
I am 6 mo post op on feb 20th from 2nd surgery and have noticed symptoms slowly creeping back over the past few months. I'm seein my ns this week to find some answers. I have eds so I'm thinkin its instability even tho my ns said I didn't have it before surgery. Or its somethin else, unless this is just how I am gonna be now, which I hope not. Have u spoke to ur dr about this yet?
Unfortunately, my surgeon is in Maryland and if I go I miss class. I don't have a doctor for my primary yet. My surgeon doesn't think I have EDS though I believe I do because I'm double jointed.

It can take up to 2 yrs for ur nerves to heal completely and longer if u have EDS....plus we all heal at diff rates, and school carrying books, sitting in florescent lights can all cause u to feel poorly as u r still healing.

U may just be doing too much....but it is wise to see if u have nething else going on,

At school, get a book stand so u r not looking down...there r wedges so u can have ur work on an angle so help with this....

And use a wheeled book bag not a back pack !!

I Hope u feel better ((hugs))
I bought recently a book stand and I don't use backpacks at all. My books are light for textbooks. I carry them in my arms because I know they will hurt my neck and shoulders if I use a backpack.

I am a part time student. I only have 2 classes and my biggest problem is the second class is 2 hours long with no break but it is only 2 days a week. My other class is one hour long Monday Wednesday and Friday and lab for 2 hours that I can leave at any time on Thursday. Before the surgery I was able to do this load and still be exhausted at the end of the day, but my symptoms weren't as visible as they are now. My teacher notices them a lot in the two hour class.

It just may be too soon to take on this amount of work....it is time and effort all while ur body is still recovering.....

I had issues being in florescent lighting and that is what most schools have...so I would not doubt that is affecting u as well.

Tinted glasses can be a help...something to try.....

All in due time the symptoms u have now will dissipate....listen to ur body as to when u need a break....and if this is too much....
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 11
soccero feeling absolutely horrible ;( Comment
Jul 09