Torn rotator cuff
I was told that I have CM about 7 months ago. It was found by accident at otho doctor due to having problems with my shoulders. I found out that both of my rotator cuffs are torn. I haven't had any accidents to my shoulders, but the ortho doctor thought that I might have a syrnix. I had more MRIs and the CM was found. My question is has anyone had any kind of issues like what I have. Of all the post I have read no one has had torn rotator cuffs due to CM.

I dont have torn rotators but for 4 and a half years before they found the chiari i had and still have priblems with my left shoulder and shoulderblade. They did xrays and mris and found nothing until my pcp sent me to orthopefic sergeon who did mri of neck and finally found chiari  14 mm herniation. I jad surgery this past aug and still have the pain in shoulderblade and all. Im tryin to get a spine mri ordered because my ns never did further testimg

Hi...ur issue is not a chiari issue directly, but could very well be Ehlers-Danlos as it is a connective tissue disorder and affects how our joints work and r attached....do get checked for this chiari related condition.

"selma"
@ Sexybare and Selma thanks for your comments. My herniation is 7mm and I go to my NS on the 8th to talk about my up coming surgery. I will ask about Ehlers-Danlos.
I have a torn rotator cuff on the right side. I was having such bad pain and numbness on that side and it didnt fit with the original diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome (yes I do have CTS but symtoms were too severe) so ortho MD did MRI of neck and shoulder and found syrinx and torn rotator cuff.
I havent been tested for Ehlers-Danlos, but I dont really have any of the symptoms of it either. My torn cuff is most likely d/t repetative actions at work.