Chiari Malformation Community
Undiagnosed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Undiagnosed?

I have ad sever headaches, nausea, vertigo and fainting spells for 9 months. 8 months ago the hospital informed me that i have a 6.8mm Chiari. Since then i have been passed between health professionals testing my heart, epilepsy, and everything else under the sun. Been to the neuro surgeon a few times and he jsut keeps saying wait and see if they find anything else first. Really getting to the end of my rope. should i see another neurosurgeon?
If for any reason you are not comfortable or confident with you neurosurgeon's answer absolutely find another one! Get as many opinions as you personally need to feel comfortable. It is your health and you know what is best for you.

Make sure you find a chiari specialist as this is absolutely key to getting the best care. There is a list on this site that shows who some of our members have been to AND liked/received good care from.

Good luck,
Sara

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

As Sara mentioned we do have a list of Drs that other members here have been to and liked, the list is not a referral  but is meant ti be used as a tool for u to research Drs and find the right one for u.

U will need a true chiari specialist as they know the related conditions to Chiari and which tests should be done....u may have more of a wait depending on what they find  and how ur Chiari is affecting u....

I find it is best to take ur time if u can, b4 u consider surgery as so many have had issues post op bcuz  of jumping into surgery quickly.....take ur time and be sure all testing is done for related conditions as they do affect how u feel and heal post op.
The_beat_goes_on commented on This is the song that...
This is the song that never ends
Jun 25 by The_beat_goes_on
skrowe is ...looking for answers. Comment
Jun 23