Chiari Malformation Community
Update on trip to CA to see Dr. Batzdorf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Well, I FINALLY have my (CINE?) MRI (Brain MRI, Cervical Spine MRI and MRA) scheduled.  I will have it next Tuesday, Jan. 19th, at UCLA Med Ctr.  

This has been quite a wait, as my first appt. with him was Dec. 17th.  Their offices were closed after the 18th and until Jan. 4th, so I had to wait.  Last week, they were apparently playing "catch-up", so nothing got done.  (Except that I had my mammogram redone and it was only 3 small cysts in the same area... but I believe I updated that.)

I am somewhat frustrated with the fact that I can't get any answers from Dr. B's assistant.  I'm not sure if it's they way she and Dr. B have chosen to handle things or what, but instead of her taking questions to him and getting back with me, she insists that I email Dr. B directly.  I don't want him to get the impression I'm a bother.  Anyone else experience this with them?  And please don't get me wrong, Dr. B was wonderful on our first meeting.  I'm not complaining about him... I just think an assistant is a first line of defense and should be fielding some things for him.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway... I'm just venting.  I will update after I know more.

Blessings!!!
Hi Lori...congratulations on the scheduled MRI's !!

I am not sure how Dr B wants to handle his messaging, but my NS allows and encourages me to e-mail him directly and I do get a better response that way......u may want to ask him at the next visit as to the best way to handle this going forward.

Vent away, from my experience teh NS's I have seen have awful staffing issues....lol...

"selma"
The_beat_goes_on commented on This is the song that...
Jun 26
This is the song that never ends
Jun 25 by The_beat_goes_on
skrowe is ...looking for answers. Comment
Jun 23