Chiari Malformation Community
Website of interest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Website of interest

I stumbled across a website that may be of interest to those of us having surgery. It was linked to the hosptial and it is called CaringBridges.org.  You can set up a website for yourself or loved one, that is in the hosptial or having surgery. It lets you post their story, a photo, links to info, and lets them send brief messages. It seems like it will be an easy way to update people - they can check the website for progress notes.
the other feature that is nice is that it is NOT a searchable website. You must know the persons website name in order to access it and there are increased levels of privacy beyond that such as having to type in a password that is given out by the author of the site.
I hadn't seen this before, so if I"m repeating info here, apologize in advance. It just seems like such a great way to notify and update a number of people at once, instead of being on the phone constantly.

Hope it helps - If anyone wants to check on my son's site, just let me know. I don't want to post his name on here because of my job (probation & parole) for privacy reasons. thanks, and hope this helps!
sherimom
HI Sherimom,
I am so glad to see you posting. I would like to be able to check on your son's progress. Let me know what is going on.
Chadry
I will definately forward the info to you.....sorry I havent' written much, just been so so busy. I'm sure everyone is this time of year.
I will email as soon as I can. Hope you're doing well...
sherimom
MG18 uploaded a new photo
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22