Whats recovery like
I know there will be some restrictions but all in all what is it like. I know I will be in teh Hospital from 2-5 days depending on how things go, but after I get home. How did you all sleep? Did you need help getting up, etc. Jsut trying to get myself prepared. I know everyone is different. Any info is welcome.
As you'll hear over and over, it's different for everyone. I've had four surgeries and have found that I'm totally down for the first 6-7 weeks -- I don't leave the house for anything but medical appointments. For the first 2-4 days, I like to have someone right next to me when I get up. I have a cane handy for the first couple of weeks because I get really dizzy when I get up and don't want to fall (hard lesson learned from first surgery!). I also like to have someone sitting very close by when I shower the first couple of weeks as the hot water makes me pretty dizzy. I typically am ready to start driving short distances at about 10-12 weeks post op.

Here are some suggestions I posted awhile back:
- help with meals from friends or family
- shower seat (you can get one for $15-20 at a big box store -- totally worth it)
- hand-held shower sprayer, with suction attachment to hang shower head at proper height for sitting on your shower stool
- chair in the bathroom to sit on while you're brushing teeth, etc.
- gel or clay ice packs
- get streaming netflix or up your number of DVDs at a time (I love reading but can't do much of it for the first few weeks post-op)
- compile an email update list for friends and family, and have someone in charge of sending out updates (keeps your phone from ringing off the hook!)
- I like to have a bed set up in the the living room before I go into the hospital (gives me a place to collapse into right when I get home)
- as best you can, set yourself up for peace and quiet the first few weeks and have help so that you're not tempted to do any lifting or bending too early

As far as the hospital goes, I like to have:
- my toiletries kit
- pajama bottoms (they wanted me in a gown but were fine with pj bottoms or sweats)
- cell phone
- lip balm

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Thanks yeah understand everyone is different. But nice to get an idea on kinda what I am up for.  We will have plenty of help.

Hi...we do have a list in the Health pages for tips post op for things to take to the hospital and for ideas when u get home - http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=186

To get a good idea what others went thru post op, take a look in the journals....many posted their post op experience.....feel free to read mine.