Would they have diagnosed a chiari 1 malformation by now?
Thanks to everyone who answers. I'm 13 years old and have had chronic frontal headaches for 2.5 years now, (and neck pain, dizziness,occasional pain down my legs, sensitivity to light and sound and I get tired quickly) we've tried every type of therapy....physio, medication, chiropractor, osteopath. I've also seen many, many doctors and they did MRI scans back when I first got the headaches and it was all fine - But i was just wondering whether it's possible that something's changed since then or they missed something and I could have chairi malformation?!? I've missed a lot of school and now it's getting to GCSE's, I'm currently on medication but I'm at home unable to go to school writing this... so were getting quite desperate and our gut feeling is that weve missed something important.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

It is possible Chiari was overlooked as many Drs consider it an incidental finding....the best way to know for sure, request copies of ALL MRI's and testing you have had along with the reports....

I found out several years after I had a MRI of my lumbar spine that I have tethered cord...but was told it was clear and fine....so, get copies and review them with a new Dr.
Like SelsmaS said, you can request (and recieve) copies of your MRIs to review with a new doctor. For me, they discovered it with a CT scan after I got a concussion. I had follow ups with MRIs and I was able to obtain copies and review them. You can also request the doctor to check for chiari. C: