Aa
A
A
Close
620923 tn?1452919248
You know u have chiari when~~~~~~~
finish the statement.

This is a fun thread we have done b4...seems the right time to do it again......

Cancel
251 Answers
Page 2 of 13
half the time you feel like a medical professer explaining to people what it is. and half the time feeling like a medical student trying to learn what it is.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1236570 tn?1276742125
You know you have chiari when.... you have to stop playing with two year old daughter after only five minutes and she says "cause you have a headache?"  :(   I mean does she even know what a headache is or is she just repeating what she's heard me say over and over??
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
you look under the counter in the cabinet for.....something.  You sit down on the floor and wait for it to come back to you.  After looking around in there you see it.  Oh, yeah!! It's the pill box you were looking for to put your meds in because you take so many you can't remember whether you've taken them or not.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1322693 tn?1308157496
U know u have chiari when your NL askes u to keep a headache diary over a 2 month period and the only three days filled in are the ones without the headache!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
999891 tn?1407279676
YOU know you have Chiari when you cant put your hands over your head, coughing causes you to almost pass out........
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1387052 tn?1279654566
you know you have Chiari when.....everyone anxiously watches as you go up and down stairs to see if you're going to stumble and need to be cuaght.

....the words "I hurt" are normal everyday, several times a day, vocabulary.

....your children feel they need to be the parent and care for you instead of the other way around.

.....you're told what to expect for NL and NS and when you go see them they say exactly what you were told they would say.

....you feel like you have some kind of medical degree because of explaining what Chiari is to people over and over.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1268921 tn?1288922656
...when you say something completely wrong and your 5 year old says "I think may your brain is having a hard time working right now"

this one comes up a lot, but ....when explaining the 'condition' takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long, it's easier to say "It's commonly misdiagnosed as MS or fibromialgia" and then people start to understand.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
When you go to a Doctor and tell them you have Chiari Malformation and they look at you strange for a moment then they pull out there i-phone or lab top and start to look it up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1435895 tn?1304294841
When you go to bed at night nervously anticipating what kind of symptoms you are going to wake up with.  Praying for a good day and no pain!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1517903 tn?1329307916
When you have to go to physical therapy to get your exercise because anything unsupervised or unprescribed could paralyze you or knock you out with a 1-2-basilar.

When a headache where you can tie a scarf around your head and one eye but still move around is...a good one.

When your major victory of the day is being able to take that first step even if it took you 30 minutes to do so.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1578551 tn?1318071510
Wow.....I really wanted to post a statement too, I really knew exactly what to type and it was a good one. I forgot after reading the rest of the posts. Thanks ya'll. I laughed and cried at the same time.I can totally relate. :/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1451338 tn?1413478623
you know you have chiari when your husband steers you away from the breakable section of a store (because your are unknowingly walking straight for the glass shelves...Ooops!!).

you know you have chiari when your husband is picking you up before you even know you're about to pass out at said store : )
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1578551 tn?1318071510
You know you have chiari when you massage your own neck, back, legs and arms.
....when you're symptoms match anxiety and you can't differentiate the two.but then you know its both.
.....when you're kids know more about it than medical professionals
...........uhhhh I forgot this last one.:/ I think it probably would have made us laugh. :D
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
This is a fun thread...makes me feel like I belong because I can totally relate.

You know you have Chiari when...
       ...you have that burning pain on your shoulders every night making you toss and turn to find the "right position and the right pillow for tonight" -  thus you rarely have a good night's sleep...and that is your normal. Wait until you have that headache to come along with it - there goes your sleep...

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1578551 tn?1318071510
You know you haveChiari when.... you know all the family Dr's and ER Dr's in your town plus a few others by name, and they know you too.
Ps......now that I have my diagnosis, I'm bringing my MRI reports and disk to all local hospitals and Drs offices to inform and educate :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
When your young daughter tells people that I think they took out mommy's "remember" part of her brain when she had surgery.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum...that is just too cute...how old is ur DD?

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1589364 tn?1297017624
Wow, I don't have a dx, and I've only recently learned of Chiari, but it explains soooo much...and this list is awesome!  I laughed out loud at a few of the things I didn't realize I had in common!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Everything seems to be wrong with you and every Dr. you see runs blood tests and tells you that you are healthy as a horse!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1500699 tn?1363397198
I don't know if this is chiari or senility....You pack up your kids to bring them to daycare before you head off to work and when you are almost to work realize that you forgot to drop off your kids...  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
TheShowing uploaded new photos
Nov 06
20791471 tn?1509653962
Blank
Asaidi is looking for answers.... Comment