a good bed
Does anyone have any suggestion on good beds? I am hoping getting a new one or atleast start looking around to see what kind of beds are better for a chiarian.

Hi...good question...I wish I had a hospital type bed that I could adjust.....or  one that u can dial the firmness of the mattress...so u can change it as needed...or a combo of both???

That would be perfect, not sure it exists  or if I could afford something like that tho.

"selma"
A Sleep Number bed maybe...those are expensive though.  For me the pillow matters more than the bed.

Well for me, I also have EDS and I have shoulder and hip pain lying on my side etc...so I need more than just a pillow....I have a pillow I like...it is the rest of me  that needs more comfort.

"selma"
What kinda of pillows are better to support the neck? I could start with that. I have a pillow I have been using since I was 14 I can't sleep without it. Pillows at other peoples houses and at mine are lumpy and uncomfertble but I am unsure if it is even good for me.  

As long as u r not waking with pain from the way the pillow holds ur neck, it should be ok......if it is comfortable to u...than I would not worry.....u do not want ur neck to be too high off the bed tho as it can but ur neck in a position to cause a CSF blockage.

SO ur pillow should not be really thick......

I found a pillow at Target it was called a re-shape-able pillow , I am not sure they still carry it, but it has been the best pillow for me, I take it with me on long car rides ...sleep overs etc....

I dislike lumpy pillows as well...and why I like the re-shape-able one.

"selma"
My pillow is very thick but when I lat down on it it goes back down. I am going to bring it with me to my next NS apt. Thnxs for the help  
My husband and I sleep on a tempur-pedic bed, and this seems to help, although I suffer with neuropathic pain in my low back and sacroiliac joints! I also have had a problem finding the right pillow! I may try the one u recommend. Thanks. Kris
Hi Selma, I actually ordered the Chiari pillow online. It took some time to get it but when it arrived it was worth the wait. You can add or take out the stuffing as required and it molds around your neck and head. So glad I ordered it now...wish you luck!
Hey Kris, try the Chiari pillow if you can find it online. I find it very comfortable and perfect for any bed. It sculpts around your head and you can add and remove the stuffing as needed. Good luck!

Here is a link to other threads on the topic of the Chiari pillow and pillows in general....in these threads u will also find a link to the official Chiari Pillow .....

Adjusting the pillow is not always the only advantage, price is also a consideration.....

I was pleased with mine from homedics....