anyone else find fantom scratches or bruises?
so, i woke up this morning with a HUGE scratch on my arm. no idea where it came from, or when it happened. it literatly looks like someone took a razor and sliced my arm. HOW i did not feel this i dont know. but it happens a lot. usually on my legs, but on my legs i get. (they are constantly tingly these days.) but the sensation of my arms are usually ok. a lot of the time it feels like spiders are crawling up them but the sensation hasnt decreased at all like the sensation in my legs. its very odd and off putting. has this happend to anyone else? like, it hurts like a B now, but i didnt notice it until this morning

Hi many with Ehlers-Danlos will find Phantom bruises and scratches....bcuz the skin is fragile we may scratch ourselves , but the skin may tear and scar, and we do not realize how it ripped the skin when it happened so we forget about it....even a slight brush against something can tear this skin....it bruises very easily as well....I have had it like this for yrs...and I am slow to heal as well....this is a very common issue for those with EDS>
I do not find scratches so often, although occasionally, but I find the bruises all the time with no idea where they came from. Whether this is I forgot what I did, or I didn't notice I'm not sure :) I have heard this from many people, so don't feel alone on this one :)
i have found i am slow to heal as well selma. what youd think would take maybe a week to heal will take that long alone just to scab over.

It really depends...we r all different....one time I was at a amusement park going on a roller coaster (b4 my Chiari dx) and u had to walk thru a turn style, the person in front of me gave the bar an xtra push after they were thru, moving one of the bars into my thigh....and I had a bruise for a year !! Not stretching the truth, that is how long I had a bruise and was very sore....it was a huge bruise as well....

Keep a journal....and u will get an idea how things like this heal and know it will not always be the same...

Last make sure u get EDS testing and ur Dr knows about all this,

I have eds and I find mysterious bruises and scratces/cuts that don't know how get there and don't feel. I burnt my left hand on stove and didn't ever feel a thing and it blistered.  It usually takes weeks to heal and the littlest scratch will leave a scar, ugh
same here. everything ends up as a scar! i always thought it was because of my skin color though. (tan because im portuguese and polish)