arm fell asleep
This morning when I was waking up I found my right arm from forearm to fingers. It took a few minutes to get rid of it but normally I don't have the sleep feeling that far up my arm when i wake up. I can't tell if it's normal or chiari anyone know? My next appointment with the ns is june 28.
not sure what causes it, but I too have had this problem. It hasnt been as bad lately, but my symptoms have been on a vacation it seems. In the past, this happened regularly...especially when I was driving, my legs and feet and hands and fingers would go numb. I always thought pinched nerves, but have no proof.
Jiggle
Sorry I missed wrote this. I meant my arm from my forearm to fingers were asleep.

Thanks Jiggle. I hope it's just cause of the way I slept but that full arm never was asleep when I woke up. Lately part of my arm has been when I wake up.

Hi...it could be the way u were sleeping....and I had this all the time...it would happen even during the day while I was at work...my co-workers thought I had a heart issue, and is one reason I had an echo done....but my heart was fine....

I really feel it is the CSF getting blocked or a nerve being pinched.
My heart was ruled out at the same time I was getting diagnosed with chiari. Lucky it didn't last very long though. I got it back but it did take longer for my fingers to get back than the rest. I do have the hydromyelia so that probably is the cause.

It could well be....having it when u r in the middle of ur day is more bothersome as u can not blame it on how u slept....

But I do agree chiari, syringomyelia and hydromyelia can be the cause.