arthritus and chairi malformations
Here is the question:  IS it possible that chari malformations can cause arthritus of the neck area?

If have ACM1 and have a 1 cm drop into my spinal cord.  All I know is that it has been MRI'd so to speak and this is the result.  I spent 22 years in the army and the old steel pot wieghed about 2.5 pounds and the Kevlar was in at about 4.5 poinds I believe.

TheVeterans Adminstration has told me that the Arthritus is the result from the chiari malformation.  I have done some research and have not found anything about this at all.

Roy902 .
Hi Roy,

I am not sure, I do see more articles on rheumatoid arthritis and chiari.Also in connection with autoimmune disorders.

For those of us not in the military can u explain the "old steel pot" can I assume that is the helmit? and Kevlar is a bullet proof vest?

I do not know how or y but most with chiari like myself also have DDD, stinosis or some disk bulging and a form of arthritis.....if u find a definative answer please share with us.This has been a topic b4 of sorts....

Good question
"selma"
Yes you are correct, it is the WW2 & Korea & old Vietnam style helmet.  It was not bullet proof, but did alot of things anyway.  The Kevelar is bullet proof

Roy  
I also have Chiari 1 and degenerative disc disease in my neck.  The dr said he thinks its related to Chairi.