Chiari Malformation Community
arthritus and chairi malformations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

arthritus and chairi malformations

Here is the question:  IS it possible that chari malformations can cause arthritus of the neck area?

If have ACM1 and have a 1 cm drop into my spinal cord.  All I know is that it has been MRI'd so to speak and this is the result.  I spent 22 years in the army and the old steel pot wieghed about 2.5 pounds and the Kevlar was in at about 4.5 poinds I believe.

TheVeterans Adminstration has told me that the Arthritus is the result from the chiari malformation.  I have done some research and have not found anything about this at all.

Roy902 .
Hi Roy,

I am not sure, I do see more articles on rheumatoid arthritis and chiari.Also in connection with autoimmune disorders.

For those of us not in the military can u explain the "old steel pot" can I assume that is the helmit? and Kevlar is a bullet proof vest?

I do not know how or y but most with chiari like myself also have DDD, stinosis or some disk bulging and a form of arthritis.....if u find a definative answer please share with us.This has been a topic b4 of sorts....

Good question
"selma"
Yes you are correct, it is the WW2 & Korea & old Vietnam style helmet.  It was not bullet proof, but did alot of things anyway.  The Kevelar is bullet proof

Roy  
I also have Chiari 1 and degenerative disc disease in my neck.  The dr said he thinks its related to Chairi.  
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
The_Marine_Corp_Brat My brain and my body are no... Comment
Apr 22