Chiari Malformation Community
blurred periphial vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

blurred periphial vision

I get blurred periphial vision. What could it be? I also have swollen ankles and feet every day after work. I sit down all day at work. On the week ends by Sunday my feet are normal again only to go to work on Monday for it to start all over again. I feel like I can almost feel fluid going down into my feet. It is almost like a tingling feeling right before the pins and needle feeling you get when your foot falls asleep. I dont't get the pins and needle feeling. Do I have a circulation problem, something wrong with my heart or a possible blood clot that is blocking my blood flow from circulating properely. I am 49 years old and need some answers. thanks. Karen White
Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

May I ask, were u dx'd with Chiari?

There r numerous things that can cause similar symptoms, so it is best to get a dx and go from there.

If u have chiari, then ur next step is a chiari specialist.....

Many chiarians do have some of the symptoms u mentioned.There r also  Autonomic Dysfunction conditions that could involve circulation that is related to chiari...POTS, Ehlers_danlos and a few others.

Is the edema and blurry vision ur only issues? I am sure the pins and needles feeling is due to the swelling....but u do need a dr to know for sure. I would not wait on this either.

Good luck and do keep us posted
"selma"