chiari
hi my name is ateeq iam from india.iam chiari patient.i started taking medicines since 2009 at that time i had only headache even now its only headache but in extreme form in neck .doctor suggested few tablets which is not at all reducing my pain.pain is severe if i sneeze it relaxes when i lie down.but iam not able to work with this pain.doctor says its just pain so have pain killer and bear it because surgery is very complex and should go for it only in extreme cases.he also say chiari condition would not deteriorate so i can bear pain .but the pain is severe with that pain im not able 2 walk.so please suggest me something and give me some information about it

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

The problem with this condition is there r far too many Drs that do not really understand how it affects us and what testing to do to see just how it is affecting us and our overall health.

U will need a CINE MRI, this is done w/wo contrast to film the flow of CSF in real time, to see how it moves..they do it in 2 parts, and contrast and a BP clip is used during the 2nd part to see if the CSF flow moves along with ur BP...if it pulsates...this will indicate an obstruction...

They also want to see if u have ICP, POTS, a syrinx, disk issues, sleep apnea, tethered cord, ehlers-danlos...thyroid and vitamin and mineral issues as well.

Once u have all the answers and a Dr that is well experienced with Chiari u will find u will do much better then u r now....there is a list of activities to avoid  when u have a Chiari dx.,...see our Health Pages for the Drs list and the tips on activities as well as other info-http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=186