Chiari Malformation Community
chiari and absent a1 segment of anterior cerebral artery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

A few years back i had an MRA/MRI done.....
They found that I have Chiari Malformation type 1
I had the decompression surgery in 2009 and now am having all my symptoms back.

I have since switched health insurance so I am gathering up all my original reports and noticed on my MRA report it states

"Right a1 segment of anterior cerebral artery is either absent or severly hypoplastic"

I do not under stand what this means and what if any symptoms it can cause. With my Chiari I already deal with so many wanted to know it any are linked

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.,

I know having symptoms return is something we hope and pray does not happen but it is possible.

When u had ur surgery, were u checked for ALL related conditions?How have u been since...when did ur symptoms start again?

Have u had a recent or a post op MRI?

In regards to the artery, hypoplastic means under developed....and it is an artery that supplies blood to the frontal lobe of the brain, there r 2 other arteries that supply blood to this area.

I am not sure how this may affect u...but I would have a MRI done to see if u may have scar tissue that has formed or ne disks that may have  shifted.
And rule out ALL related conditions to make sure they r not what are causing ur symptoms as many if not all have similar symptoms.

zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22