craniosacral therapy
i have seen this question posted already, but not the answer.  Anybody have any results to relay regarding their craniosacral therapy.  I was diagnosed one week ago with a 11mm Chiari malformation.  I have a headache everyday, sometimes migraines, tinnitus, jaw and facial pain.  I am pretty down and frustrated today.  I don't want to live this way for the rest of my life and surgery is not something I really want to persue.  So, any positive stories would be awesome.  Thanks!

Hi......surgery is not something most of us want to pursue, but sometimes it is what is needed as this condition can affect our overall health.....

Have u had a CINE MRI?...Do u know if u have a syrinx?

May I ask who is suggesting this type of treatment for u?...from what I have read, there is nothing to prove it has benefits...and from what I read, they lay on hands, which I take to mean (and I can be wrong) they manipulate muscles and bones...which is very much like a   chiropractor which for a chiarian is not a good thing as it can do more harm than good.

Have u tried anti inflammatory foods?....http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological%20Disorders/Anti-inflammatory-Foods/show/1023?cid=186
......diff ways to de stress?.....and cut back on what u do on a daily basis as it will cause ur symptoms to flare.

Listen to ur body when it comes to activities...and see a true chiari specialist to get the guidance as to the best treatments for u.

"selma"
i have had a CINE MRI and it did not reveal a syrinx, thankfully.  My therapist/neurofeed back dr has recommended craniosacral therapy.  I have spoken to someone in my area who does CST exclusively.  She has other patients with CM and they have had positive results  I know there are many who have had negative results, too.  I am willing to give it a try as there are not many options available.  I know nutrition is hugely important.  Some days I eat very well, having a green smoothie right now, some days are not so great.  My weight is not an issue and I exercise.  I start out the day feeling pretty well and as the days gets longer, my head hurts more.  Thanks for responding.

A CINE MRI is not to reveal a syrinx, but CSF obstruction.....a reg MRI of the cervical spine, thoracic and lumbar spine would rule out a syrinx.

A syrinx can appear in ne area of the spine, and too many Drs only check the cervical spine and feel the syrinx is ruled out, when in fact it is not.

No worries...keep in mind Chiari symptoms cycle....and depending what u do can affect how u feel....

Please keep us posted if u do have this technique done so we know how it works for u : )

Good luck

"selma"
I diid cst for awhile and it made me super nauseous!!!! Everytime for ten days after treatment I went once a month for six months I could not handle the appts any closer together
Molly