do i have chiari?
do you see any chiari?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

We r not medical professionals, and those u may see may not be Chiari specialists so do some research and find a Dr that is well informed and experienced with Chiari and Chiari related conditions.

It is possible that u have Chiari 0, but u will need a CINE MRI to see if u have a CSF obstruction. I do not see a syrinx in the cervical spine, but they can form in the thoracic and lumbar spine as well,

There r related conditions that can also cause symptoms similar to Chiari, so do have them ruled out as well. Ehlers-Danlos, syringomyelia, tethered cord....ICP, POTS, sleep apnea...disk issues...vitamin and mineral levels, and thyroid levels.
thanks for such a quick response.  i can't afford any tests.  everything i am getting done is through the free clinic.  i had been waiting to see a neurologist and when i finally did she just blew me off.  i have a pannus formation on my odontoid and i fear that it is causing csf blockage at times.  the neuro told me that was impossible.  its tough being in a situation with no money, no insurance and at the mercy of people who are only seeing you to get some of their college loans forgiven.  (not all of them but most of them)

There are clinical trials for Chiari ...we have links, use the search this community and type in clinical trials....then u can look to see if u fit the criteria they r looking for?

A pannus on the odontoid could be causing u some issue, do u know if the odontoid is retroflexed too? It could be y it developed a pannus.....?

There r many Drs be it a PCP, NL or NS that have no idea how chiari can and does affect us....keep pushing for answers.