excercise after chiari surgery???
hi their! its been a year since my surgery and I just started walking and jogging. I wnated to learn from all of you what was your experience with doing excercise after your surgeries, any limitations???
also can you do running as a form of excercise after chiari surgery?
As for myself and exercise I love to walk.  I wouldn't try running myself because it would shake my head too much.  I can walk forever and it seems just as nice and it won't jar anything.  I would start out slow.  Take time out and smell the roses. :)
Linda :)

Hi Martha...welcome back !!

I prefer short walks myself...lol...but the ones I really feel we all should do r the neck exercises to prevent scar tissue and the muscles from getting tight....then slowly add mayb some recumbent bike riding...to the walking....I too could not consider running as I do have other issues and that would make my head bobb too much....
hi Martha,
I am a 2 yr. post-op Chiari patient and I also do not run! Actually I still find that any kind of excercise that is streneous makes my head hurt and will bring on a horrible migraine. Even household chores sometimes is too much and will make me hurt, but I have several things still associated along with the chiari even after the surgery. It's just not the same anymore. I would advise to just be very cautious with your activities and let your body and your head be the judge, but don't push it.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Thanks for sharing part of ur Chiari recovery with us......I agree we have to listen to our bodies as so many of us have lingering effects from surgery, be it  perm nerve damage, or the result of a related condition.

I was wondering if u had a related issue since u seem to have continued issues?

Glad to have u join us, sorry that u had to seek us out....

I'm 3months post op and have just started playing sports again. It kills but is kinda worth it, I was told no trampolines or gymnastics but I guess it depends on the dr.

I think it also depends on the patient too.....

Just b sure u r not over doing it,,,,,,