Chiari Malformation Community
here's a new one on me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

here's a new one on me

I'm experiencing something like color blindness out of the periphery of my left eye, the good one.  I'm sewing some bright lime green w/blue polka dot fabric, so it's quite noticeable.  It's as if bleach has been spilled, but when I look at it, it keeps moving to the periphery.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Not sure if u mean the color is changing or the shapes of the dots?

But I had peripheral eye issues that looked like water flowing down a window....best way I can describe it....very odd and grey.....I have not had those issues post op.....

Many times polka dots can play havoc with our vision as an optical illusion....mayb that is what is going on in ur side views????
i am not sure if its the same as i have. when i have a symptom flare and extreme headaches..i also get kind of colourblind...everything in the peripheral vision gets blue!!!! i hate it...its kind of scarry and i know that at this point i do have to go to bed and relax.
No it's not the dots.  If anything, before surgery, the dots would have been moving.  That (oscillopsia) actually seems to have improved.

There's a big spot in the periphery where the color is washed out.  I guess I'm not scared--yet--and I trust my neuro-ophth, so I wont hesitate to tell him.
I feel like nothing surprises me anymore; if I grew a third eyeball, or a penis, I'd say "oh great, another Chiari symptom".

Sewing is really hard on the neck/head.

That is strange, I did have a wash out of color , but not like that,...hmmm Oh my goodness that would surprise me...no more appendages I have to be concerned about please !!

What are u making? I have my DH at the notions dept of JoAnns as we speak for more sewing needles....lol....he is getting a crash course...did u know they not only stopped color coding the needles but have changed the #'s as well?...goodness he was saying 90, 100. I am no, 14, and 16 denim or heavy material...he finally found a pack with both #'s on and we figured it out,....hard when I am home on a phone...lol...
I'm glad you asked--I'm excited about it.  Now that it's time for flannel sheets, I decided to jazz them up:  I bought lime green w/blue polka dots flannel, cut them into 3 different size circles to randomly sew on a blue bottom sheet.

I bought a pink patterned flannel, & maybe I'll make a giant flower on a pink bottom sheet.  (If that's too girly for the DH, he can sleep on the couch, lol).

I'd like to get one of those mini irons for applique, but they seem to get bad reviews.

I didn't know that about the needles.  Are those Europen numbers?  I have a Swiss machine, which likes onlyGerman thread besides.  My reliable old Kenmore needed a $2.00 part that is no longer manufactured.  (like a washer).  I used to be able to clean & service it myself; I can't even change the lightbulb in this new one!

Could be Euro...I have to wait till he gets home with them...he must be going by way of the North Pole...as that was an hour ago and still not here...ugh

I plan to use nail polish to color the ends so I can SEE which size they are...lol...

I hope u post pics.... I love doing appliques.....

I made baby bumper pads for my niece when she was pregnant with her little boy, now she is pregnant again with a girl and wants a new blanket but wants to use the same bumper pads so I am thinking making something with matching appliques...so it looks a bit more girly....
Wow, apparently you can acquire the blue-yellow (but not red-blue) color blindness for several reasons, due to diseases, too much UV light throughout a lifetime, or head trauma.
Sounds like it's worth mentioning.
A girly dust ruffle?

Thanks...that may work...have u seen the bumper pads? They are in my profile page with all my "artwork"...it is cammo  material with blocks of animals on it,....hmmm that just might do it...yea !!  : )

Now I hope I have enuff material to do it,,,,lol..
Wow, impressive!  You have really accomplished a lot despite being sick.  I realize I have too; it's the best way for me to cope.  I learned how to quilt, but it's a bit too ambitious for me for the last couple yrs.  I've been making pillow cases as gifts--everyone seems to like those--& last yr. I trimmed some white towels w/leftover fabric.

Btw, my DD's Christmas stocking that I made is a toe shoe, & my dogs have a paw stocking.  I got the patterns online.
I have to make my son a new one-- the last stocking I made was when he lived in southern CA, so it has a snowman in a Hawaiin shirt, next to a palm tree, lol.

I quilt too...I have a few projects to do , one is an applique quilt...lol...
  with Ducks....

I still have to get the names on the stockings I made last yr...I cut it too close to play with glitter....so I will do them when I get my sewing done....I got my new needles last night, and I color coded them with nail polish...sigh...

I also made a few things not in that one album....if u look in the wedding gowns and keep going u will see I made my DD's head piece and veil for her wedding....I used the bodice from my wedding gown so she would be wearing my dress...lol...there is no way the style or size would be right...she is like 5'8" or 9" and I am 5'3"...lol...and her dress was so her.
I had a great laugh  at your comment about how nothing would surprise you, not even an extra appendage! Thank you for that! I have to agree! If it does not scare me enough, it's not a red flag, therefore, i'll attribute it to a new Chiari symptom! hahaha That's my rule f thumb.
As for the periphery issues, mine isn't colorblindness, only blurriness- like I have something in my eye. And mine is in the inside corner of my eye. I can relate in that if I try to look at it, it moves to the periphery.