i need a specialist in Texas
well since the last time I was on i went to the doc got new MRIs and now i know that my herniation is of 18mm and there might be some csf blockage and retroflexed ordoint something (lol sorry) my doctor has no idea whats going on i can tell by his confused look as he was looking at my most resent MRIs. I live in El Paso and so far i cannot find a chiari specialist. Can anyone help me PLEASE! i mean not that i want to have surgery or anything i just dont want something bad to be going on in there and i have no idea about it til its too late
Oneof my friends is getting ready to have surgery. She lives in texas and I will ask her who her specialist is... may take me a couple of hours. I'mnot sure she in our forum. YOu are definintely on the right track looking for a specialist...that is so important. YOu will be in my thoughts.

Hi...did u look at the  list of Drs in TX  we have posted? It is possible that u may have to travel to get to one as they r not as prevalent ans those of us with chiari.

U mentioned u have a CSF obstruction and a retroflexed odontoid...make sure they rule out syringomyelia in all areas of ur spine thoracic and lumbar as well as cervical, and tethered cord, and disk issues, sleep apnea, ICP....ehlers-danlos...as these can affect ur recovery post op.
were can i get that list i tried looking for it but wasnt able to find it....

I just bumped it up so it should be on this first page of the forum, other wise, do use the Health Pages link at the bottom of this page.

R u using a phone to access the forum or a comp?....with a phone u may not see the entire forum.
comp but still cant find it..............think im missing something

It is the 5th thread down on the list on the forum....here is the link to the thread-

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/LIST-OF-CHIARI-SPECIALISTS/show/1503562

and the link to the Health Page link-http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological%20Disorders/DOCTORS-LIST-FOR-CHIARI-SYRINGOMYELIA/show/1062?cid=186