laying on back of head makes symptoms worse
CRAZY QUESTION...does anyone notice symptoms worse when they lay on there back with the back of there head on a pillow. If I lay down too long like this I get up and my left eye is completely blurry (lasts for 30 minutes or so) and sometimes I feel more dizzy. Also the more I am UP during the day it seems my headache neck stiffness get's better - anybody else???? thanks!
Hi...it may be the pillow u r using...it may place ur neck at an angle that causes more compression.

Experiment with diff pillows....I found one at Target..called a re-shape-able one for $9.99!!

U also may not be getting the proper neck support.

"selma"
If I lie on my head I can feel the preassure building.  I then do get up very dizzy and stumble almost falling over.  I try to avoid lying on the back of my head.  .

My head feels worse as the day goes on...then I get the blurred vission, dizziness, feel like I am going to black out (never have), upset stomach.
I can't lay on the back of my head or the right side. The pressure is too much.

I feel awful when I get up and then it becomes slightly better, then it gets bad as the day goes on.
Yes, when I wake up It's very stiff and sore...and for some reason..when I drive it kills...and so does all my other back issues.
That is so funny that someone has brought this up....this is something I am going to mention at my post op appt next week.

I have now figured out that is why I had such a horrible week and a half long headache and increase in symptoms...after having to lie on the back of my head with that collar around my neck for the MRI.

On holidays, I laid on the back of my head with a bunched towel under the back of my head and immediately felt the increase in pressure, a headache etc....it is that quick.

For me, the more I am up I feel less pain and stiffness until I stop moving and then it hits me like a ton of bricks. If I am up and active and then sit down for awhile and then get up....there is a lot more stiffness. So it makes it very difficult to stand still and do something or to sit in one position.
Carolyn
I can't lay flat, on my right side, or with too many pillows.   I usually sleep with pillows under my shoulders too to elevate but not bend my neck.  I love the memory foam pillows they help alot and I also have a kids travel pillow that wraps around the neck. And is small so it keeps everything in line when I fall asleep.  It stinks but I also set me phone alarm for every 4 hours to make sure I don't sleep in one spot too long

Hope this helps.  Good luck
I would encounter dizziness upon standing and found it was due to a bleeding ulcer.  I was losing red blood cells due to an upper GI bleed that was limiting the amount of blood available to my head when immediately standing.  Since then I was given medication to stop the ulcer and iron pills to build my red blood cells which stopped the dizzy spells.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

We appreciate u contributing what caused ur dizzy spells, and happy u found out what it was and able to eliminate them.
This being the Chiari forum, the reason we have these spells is not the same, but we have one more issue to rule out : )

Thanks for sharing.