Chiari Malformation Community
maybe a helpful hint

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

maybe a helpful hint

I mail ordered some collapsible mesh laundry baskets; so far they have made my life slightly easier.  they're delicate, so with that in mind, I won't overload; & they have straps so I drag them down the hallway.

we live in the country, so only 1 restaurant delivers.

totally forgot about the trash; a neighbor (w/health problems of his own) was nice enough to take it away.

still trying to figure out how to buy pet food w/o killing myself.

Love the collapsible laundry basket idea...

Hmm no meals on wheels for pets huh?...mayb a local pet group would be willing to help or a high school senior that needs a  community   project for graduation,...ask at the local high school mayb u can get the trash and dog food  taken care of my one person and all volunteered....never hurts to ask.
some are on wheels too if you have the room--& the $$.

I found acountry feed store which has free delivery!  I had to buy a more expensive brand, but whatever.  We already know that illness is expensive.

Glad u were able to get delivery....sometimes the xtra cost is worth it tho....

I would love a laundry cart like at laudromats.....lol...with the bar to hang things on etc....and they r on wheels....my dream cart when I have the home of my dreams....lol....
yes, that & central vaccum.
Heck, why not wish for servants too?!  :)
I had a laundry chute once--that was awesome!  Of course the laundry still needed to be carried UP.

My dream home has the laundry room UP stairs next to the bathroom and bedroom so not far to go, hence the reason for the cart with wheels and a bar...lol...
My dream home as no stairs. Until then I'm using my hubby as laundry carrier.

LOL...drew, mine has a personal elevator,...lol...but my DH does my laundry now....so I do not have to carry nething either...lol.
my dream home has a dream husband & family
LOL Viv!
We have a laundry chute...I thought they should have built in a dumbwaiter
as well!  No point in the chute if you have to carry it all back up...which is where our family has problems...they just use off of the dining room table where they find their own neat stack of folded clothes.
I even tried giving each of them a basket of their clothes and placed them at the bottom of the stairs. Some took them upstairs, but never took the clothes out and put into the dressers, the others just grabbed what they needed each morning...I am at the point now where I leave things on purpose just to see how long it will actually stay there-hoping they will catch on!
Back to the chute...I can no longer use it. It has a shelf under the end of the chute for a basket to collect. The problem is that to pull or lift the basket down to sort can really cause pain...especially when the kids decide to find all their missing laundry at the same time and it buiilds a tower all the way up to the bottom......well, I guess you all just got a very disturbing look into my house! :/
can the shelf be removed?  I had a trash bin on wheels under mine.

I wish I had an easy way to get groceries into the house!

(btw, you know you have Chiari when you write "laundry shoot", know it's wrong, but can't figure out why for awhile).

My MIL has a dumbwaiter in her home...no laundry chute tho..plus the dumb waiter was built to lower canned foods to the cold  cellar so it is not large enuff to lift things like a laundry basket, and it does not go above the kitchen...lol...so no help really....lol...

Viv really a dream family...haha