Chiari Malformation Community
nausea tips?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nausea tips?

anyone have any tips on how to beat out constant nausea? i feel like im eating tums like candy! lol. its worst after i eat. so im thinking my GERD has a bit to do with it. but anyone find anything that helps?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1827123 tn?1383868876
I havent tried this myself yet, but I have heard if you take an alcohol pad, or a cotton ball with alcohol in it and inhaled it slowly and deeply, that it relieves the nausea. I suffer from it often, and will be trying it next time. Let me know if it works!
Blank
620923 tn?1452919248

If u have GERD and just had the flu...that all makes sense.

R u on ne GERD meds...other then the tums?

There r many things u can do to help....one, talk to ur Dr about taking a probiotic to get ur digestive track back in balance.

Avoid foods and bevs that will trigger GERD.

Greasy ,spicy, acidic foods, carbonated bevs, and those with caffeine.

We do have a GERD forum and the Health Pages have tips on how to modify ur diet and lifestyle...all of which will help GERD symptoms.http://www.medhelp.org/forums/GERD-Acid-Reflux/show/333?controller=forums&action=show&id=333&camp=msc
Blank
1755089 tn?1376057155
I like to eat ginger when I have nausea. I take a little pice of fresh ginger and chew on it.
Blank
620923 tn?1452919248

Drew, I do drink Ginger tea, as it also helps with reflux and nausea and helps with cholesterol too : )

Never just chewed on raw ginger tho....
Blank
Ginger chews and ginger candy help me. Also something my mom found in a magazine has helped me....peach juice. It works wonders for me. I have to keep canned peaches all the time to hhelp with it. I normally buy the ones that come in plastic containers instead of can.
Blank
I had nausea for months, still do occasionally; I have 2 Rxs & 2 OTC products.  What I found most helpful was chewing peppermint gum, & eating salty snacks.  There's a ginger ale that has real ginger in it, & I would drink that very watered down. Sugar made me feel worse.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
Blank
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
Blank
zomblvr joined this community