Chiari Malformation Community
nausea tips?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

nausea tips?

anyone have any tips on how to beat out constant nausea? i feel like im eating tums like candy! lol. its worst after i eat. so im thinking my GERD has a bit to do with it. but anyone find anything that helps?
I havent tried this myself yet, but I have heard if you take an alcohol pad, or a cotton ball with alcohol in it and inhaled it slowly and deeply, that it relieves the nausea. I suffer from it often, and will be trying it next time. Let me know if it works!

If u have GERD and just had the flu...that all makes sense.

R u on ne GERD meds...other then the tums?

There r many things u can do to help....one, talk to ur Dr about taking a probiotic to get ur digestive track back in balance.

Avoid foods and bevs that will trigger GERD.

Greasy ,spicy, acidic foods, carbonated bevs, and those with caffeine.

We do have a GERD forum and the Health Pages have tips on how to modify ur diet and lifestyle...all of which will help GERD symptoms.http://www.medhelp.org/forums/GERD-Acid-Reflux/show/333?controller=forums&action=show&id=333&camp=msc
I like to eat ginger when I have nausea. I take a little pice of fresh ginger and chew on it.

Drew, I do drink Ginger tea, as it also helps with reflux and nausea and helps with cholesterol too : )

Never just chewed on raw ginger tho....
Ginger chews and ginger candy help me. Also something my mom found in a magazine has helped me....peach juice. It works wonders for me. I have to keep canned peaches all the time to hhelp with it. I normally buy the ones that come in plastic containers instead of can.
I had nausea for months, still do occasionally; I have 2 Rxs & 2 OTC products.  What I found most helpful was chewing peppermint gum, & eating salty snacks.  There's a ginger ale that has real ginger in it, & I would drink that very watered down. Sugar made me feel worse.
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22