neuro stimulation for chiari pain
has anyone recieved a neurotransmitter for pain associated with chiari malformation? If so was it met with sucsess or just another surgery?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I read ur profile and have a question.....since u had a 2nd decompression surgery to correct the pseudomeningocele have u had a 2nd opinion to make sure u also r not suffering from cerebral ptosis?

I have heard of a few that got a tens unit, not sure how the long term effects were of them as many  do not always stick with the forum.

"selma"
Hi there,
I unfortunately did have a nuerostimulator implanted in my body, it was a big long mess! I had an MRI back in 2009 while I was hospitalized for two weeks due to severe migraine & pain that had lasted 3 weeks. It showed on my MRI that I had Chiari, syringomyelia with cyst, and blockage of CSF, however... The doctors for what ever reason decided not to tell me instead they used me as a guniea pig and suggested that they had success with these stimulators for people w/ chronic migraines, so at this point I was grasping at straws and we had tried everything else, so long story short they sceduled me for  a trial, which was a surgery... That seemed to relieve some of my pain, so we scheduled the permanant placement, yet another surgery. And it was not a little surgery either. I had 4 leads implanted in my head connected to my nerves, they tunneled all the way down through my spine with the leads that attached to the generator which was surgically placed under my skin inright above my left buttocks.10 months later the system failed, it would no longer work and it was implanted in my body, I requested my prev. MRI and found the truth, contacted a nuerosurgeon, had to have another surgery to have the system removed so that I could have another MRI, and YEP he said here's your problem... You need surgery for the chiari. I had 3 un-neccesary surgeries on my head all in less that 2 years, then the great big one the later part of 2010.
PLEASE, do your research and make sure you know all of your medical history before you dig in. I wish you luck.