neurosurgeon visit
I went to my new neurosurgeon and he said everything looks pretty good. He said he did not want to go digging around in there and remove the plates and screws. Then he asked me about my Parkinson's and asked me if I have thought about deep brain stimulation for it and I said I have researched it. So he had me talk to the doctor that does it and he said it would be a good idea to do it while I was still young. I asked if the it would be a good idea with the chiari and he said it would be fine so I am probably going to do it in about 3 months because I have to go through mental evaluations and a bunch of other testing. He said it would help with tremors and stiffness among other things. This has me more worried than my decompression surgery because you are awake while they put the probes in your brain and then put you to sleep to put in the battery  pack.

Hi Mike...I know this does sound scary..what doesn't when it affects the brain or spinal cord....but, I know a few people that had a similar testing not for the same reason....but did have this type of testing....I will try to contact a few to let you know how it went for them.....

Please keep us posted on this new journey you will be taking....