Chiari Malformation Community
nystagmus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

nystagmus

Does anyone have a nystagmus caused by chiari? I had mine before surgery and now 1 year and 4 months after my surgery I still have it.  It causes extreme dizziness, nausea and vision problems.  How do others deal with this condition?
Tags: nystagmus

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Many with chiari do indeed have this and I know a few members do have it....

If u had surgery and still have this symptom, what did ur Dr say is the reason?....did they rule out syringomyelia? in the cervical , thoracic and lumbar spine?...how about tethered cord, or a disk issue?

DO u have ne other symptoms?Did u have ne symptoms that went away post op?

"selma"
i have it with certain movements. some mornings getting out of bed or just rolling over will cause me to have nystagmus for a few minutes. you should probably see an eye doctor and explain your situation. i went to the eye doctor today and talked about it and he was very interested and is helping me as best he can.
I had a nystagmus for a long time.  I couldn't read because moving my eyes back and forth caused strain, headache, dizziness, and nausea.  I went to occupational therapy for a few months and they had me doing vision exercises to strengthen the muscles.  It made a HUGE difference.  I still have to do the exercises every now and then when I start feeling eye strain, but otherwise I'm almost normal vision-wise.
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22