pediatric nuerosurgery
my son of age three was recently diagnosed with arnold chiari type 1 in august this past year , we were also told that he would need to have surgery with in three to 6 months or he could become paralysed from the nerve damage it is already causing . We are lost and do not know where to go to wanting the best for our child it is hard to find ... we are asking for recommendations for pediatric nuerosurgeons we live in louisiana but will travel where ever is necessary .... please help thank you

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I am so sorry that u and ur child r going thru this, it can be quite a frustrating and scary journey...but know u r not alone.

We do have a list of Drs, but it does not indicate which ones will treat children...I know Dr Oro does not....but the Drs at TCI, and Dr Henderson in MD do....there is also a Dr Frim in Chicago.......outside that u will have to research them, plus the rest on the list, u should be able to see the list on this page.

May I ask what symptoms lead to the testing, and which tests were done to date ?
Dr. El Nihum in Temple, TX does the Chiari Surgeries at the pediatric hospital where I work as a nurse. He does 2-4 per month. He is affiliates with Scott and White Healthcare & McLane's Children's hospital.