Chiari Malformation Community
peppermint oil for headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

peppermint oil for headaches

hey there, i am not big on taking medication for headaches. my mother and i have been using peppermint oil to treat headaches (my mother has fibro, and i have chiari) it takes my mothers headache away completely. as for me, it takes some of the pain away.
try rubbing the peppermint oil into the back of your head, and forehead - dont be hesitant to use a good amount, and apply more if the headache doesnt start to lift after 10 - 15 mins
Thanks for the advice!
You might try this one as well, taste is much better than it sounds.

Add a bit of fresh cayenne pepper to your coffee. Chiari HA doesn't always see alot of relief but for other ha it does wonders as the active ingredient in the cayenne is a natural coagulant and pain blocker.

Wolf
We used a lot of Aroma therapy forbhospice parients and perperment oil was used for respiratory. And lavender oil for pain. (the perment opens the vessels which makes sence how it would help with headaches. (try putiing a few droops over ice and blowing a fan across it. The vapor worked faster than transdermal applications).

I wonder if a combo of the two would help as well?????   Speacially with fibro.   It works as a
muscle relaxer    I will have to try next time I am at the herb place ( it is about 50 miles from here and we usually only head that way Christmas shopping)
I love using peppermint for my HAs. :)

And thanks for the cayenne pepper advice. Love it.