post chiari decompression surgery
My name is Cathy I am 53 years old and I had chiari decompression surgery (craniectomy & laminectomy) on Jan 14, 2009.  I started my fast walking 2-3 miles a day last week.  after 3 days of this my symptoms came back, they had gone away following surgery.  Headaches, ringing in my right ear, so loud interupting sleep, dropping things constantly, tingling in hands and feet, tightness in jaw ans throat area causing difficulty swalling sometimes, vision problems. I called my neurosurgeon who told me not to do any more exercising until I finish PT which is another 5 weeks.  I was quite discouraged but then I read if the spinal fluid is not flowing properly yet and you still have intercranial pressure, physical exertion can bring back all those symptoms.  The doc said to take it easy again and symptoms should go back away in a week.  We will see.  I have not exercised for 2 days now and it seems it is getting better.  I wake up with horrible headaches and throbbing ringing in my head but once I take my ultracet and Ibuprophen and drink some coffee they go away.  The longer I sleep the worse the headache and throbbing sound gets.  
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The zipperhead thread has most of our members that have already had the surgey.U may want to check out the thread to see who has had the decompression surgery.

I hope u bcome an active member to share ur chiari experiences with us as well as support.

"selma"
How do I get to the zipperhead thread?

Thanks selma
they did my surgery with a laser cut and sewed me up inside and glued me up the scar is not that bad I always recommend that. I guess I'm zipperhead 2.0