Chiari Malformation Community
sleep position

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

sleep position

I have been reading the posts on here and find you all to be so helpful to the ones who are new to all of this.I just had an MRI recently. I have not been diagnosed with chiari but am going to see a NS the 25th. I have been having arm shoulder nack pain. Lots of other things too but the neck and shoulders are the worst. My question is how do I sleep at night so I dont wake up in pain? Is there a way to make it more comfortable or does everyone have this problem ? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Yes, this can be a problem for many of us, especially if we also have ehlers-danlos as our joints can sublex or pop completely out of joint making it hurt even more.

When I had surgery the nurse's took a blanket and rolled it up and then taped it, like a long body pillow....so that would work too....lol....so u get up against it, then roll part way onto it...so u r not flat, but not all ur weight is on ur side...this helped me then and I still continue to sleep like this.

Having the right pillow too....so take ur time selecting the one u feel most comfortable.

Thanks for the advice. This forum is the best . You make it easier for us to understand and it is nice to be supported by people who are going through what your going through.
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22