sleep position
I have been reading the posts on here and find you all to be so helpful to the ones who are new to all of this.I just had an MRI recently. I have not been diagnosed with chiari but am going to see a NS the 25th. I have been having arm shoulder nack pain. Lots of other things too but the neck and shoulders are the worst. My question is how do I sleep at night so I dont wake up in pain? Is there a way to make it more comfortable or does everyone have this problem ? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Yes, this can be a problem for many of us, especially if we also have ehlers-danlos as our joints can sublex or pop completely out of joint making it hurt even more.

When I had surgery the nurse's took a blanket and rolled it up and then taped it, like a long body pillow....so that would work too....lol....so u get up against it, then roll part way onto it...so u r not flat, but not all ur weight is on ur side...this helped me then and I still continue to sleep like this.

Having the right pillow too....so take ur time selecting the one u feel most comfortable.

Thanks for the advice. This forum is the best . You make it easier for us to understand and it is nice to be supported by people who are going through what your going through.