Chiari Malformation Community
speaking of records...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

speaking of records...

The DH of a dear friend passed away this week.  In addition to mourning, she's been searching in vain for his birth certificate & their marriage license.  She had to order docs through the state capital, for an unreasonable amount of money.

I know it's unreasonable, because it's been privatized, and I luckily got my documents before that process was complete.
(I had to get official docs to apply for Italian citizenship; they were mostly $5).

Wow...good to know...thanks for sharing .

My deepest sympathies to your friend on the loss of her husband, and you of your friend.
Thanks.
She's disabled by a chronic illness too, and we're least likely to be as organized as we should be.

There's probably an article somewhere on what to expect when a spouse dies, but I keep hearing from widows (I'm at that age) what a nightmare it is.  Because, you know, you just don't want to think about it.

Not sure of ur age, but it can happen unfortunately at ne age...so we ALL need to be prepared with all our docs in a row.....so to speak....lol...

This concerns me as my parents are up in age and I know they have files, only thing is they know their own filing system,....lol....

And since I got "sick" my DH took over everything and I have no idea where things are,....I really need to get him to work with me and share where he put things....
Yes, I've known widows in their 30s too.

My DH has his own secret filing system too, known only to him.  
It is good to know all of this.  I know from experience from others we have all our documents in our safe so I try to explain to the kids if anything happens to us this is what you have to do and they don't want to listen to it.  At least now they know where they are at.  If you have a safe I suggest putting your life ins and etc in there so everyone will know where they are at even though my son doesn't want to know the combo.  He doesn't and who does what to think of things like this, but it is easier for the ones we love.  So sorry about your friend.  Lessons lived, lessons we learn.  Best wishes.
Linda :)
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
I will keep all in your prayers during this difficult, and now complicated,  June