Chiari Malformation Community
stupid question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

stupid question

ok  this may be really dumb and it is a little embarrassing but it has been bothering me......

over the past few weeks i have had trouble starting urine streams  it takes me several seconds to almost a minute to begin to go.   and then over the past few days i havent even been able to tell i had to go.  i have to just remind myself every few hours to go and try cause i dont feel full.

not even sure if this even makes sense.............but since my last daughter was born i noticed having to go more often as my bladder seemed to be lower and unable to hold as much..........the fact that i went 8 hours without going and when i tried it was as if my bladder had beeen stretched to the limit i actually had bladder spasms after wards for holding to long but i did not feel the urge to go at all.....

ok  this may be really stupid adn i am starting to think i am peranoid by anything that is a little out of the ordinary as so much lately has changed for me.

just wondered if anyone else has had any issues like this  
the only dumb question is one not asked !!!

This makes perfect sense to me ....I have bladder issues and for yrs could not tell when I had to go and would get this awful pain right down my spine...and I could barely straighten up.

It has changed a bit, but i had the urodynamics testing and I do have bladder issues and starting is a major one I have to focus to go and it starts and stops...I can go while downstairs...climb the steps get in my PJ's crawl into bed and feel I have to go again.....

I either am running with little going or don't feel a need....it has been both ways over the yrs so I do understand what u r saying. I also have tethered cord so this is y I have this issue....u may want to get checked.

"selma:"

ditto on the bladder issues....

I was seen by a urologist recently and had a urodynamics test done with showed hesitancy and some other problems due to nerve damage that is linked to CM.
Ray
Most likely you simply have a bladder infection. Tell your doctor about it and he/she will give you some antibiotics. That should clear it up.

And when it comes to your health - nothing is a stupid question. :)
thank you ...but i wish it was only a bladder infection.....urine is clear not concentrated no burning or increased need to go with no results, no proteins or any thing else in the urine that shouldn't be there (nurse... i checked dipstick) and no pain.

just hesitancy and no feeling of fullness.  

I really do wish it was just an infection. : (
Well,  If this were a simple bladder infection, I'd just take a pill too.   I am lucky enough to work in a place where I can simply pee in a cup and do my own UA any time I want.  I have these symptoms all the time.  I run my urine all the time.   It's clean as a whistle ALL THE TIME.    

Never ignore UTI symptoms.  Always have your urine checked anytime something changes, but as for the symptoms you have all the time, mine are very similar.
On the other hand, I just reread your post and saw that yours have only been happening for a few weeks?    I'd think you should see your PCP at this point.....    You just don't want it to be anything that can mess with your kidneys, this can lead to big trouble very fast.  

(Wiping the egg off my face for not reading better the first time)  LOL
It all started around the time I started seeing the Chiropractor.    I hope it is just the muscel relaxers and not things getting worse from him..........

i am starting to think i deserve some I told you so's...............

deff not an UTI though.  

5 hours in the car today and 6 hours in a gym and 3 cups of coffee.   I actually had to be reminded to go to the restroom.  I just didnt feel the need to go so I guess I forgot.

thank goodness i didnt sneeze or cough  stress incontinence since baby 1 would have meant a long yucky day in the gym.........
Hi Angie,

One issue I have had over the yrs in addition to yeast and bladder infections...and I had been told I had scar tissue in my urethra and had to have it dilated.....do see a urologist and see if u may have this issue along with chiari bladder issues.....

Try and schedule going to avoid an infection.

"selma"
YEAH  THANK YOU i AM GOING TO HAVE TO SCHEDULE MYSELF.

oh shoot sorry about all caps.

no I havn't been to any other docs lately..........my insurance has lapsed for now so I have to wait until I get back to work before I can make any more apointments with any one other the the chiropractor for now...........
No worries : )

Do keep it in mind for when u can go to the drs to see if that might be an issue for u.

"selma"