Chiari Malformation Community
surgical repair for CSF leak

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

surgical repair for CSF leak

Can anyone tell me about their experience in having a surgical repair for ongoing CSF leak in the lumbar area? We've tried blood patches, fibrin glue, and a drain with ten days in the hospital. We are running out of options and it looks like surgery is the next step. Complicated by tethered cord, multiple surgeries and history of CSF leaks. Should hear today or tomorrow about the next round of tests and then what to do.

Hi...sorry, u r dealing with this, I know how painful a CSF leak can be.Mine did resolve on it's own after 5 days lying flat on my back in the hospital.The blood patch was going to be the next course of action for me, luckily for me, I did not require it.This was back in 1984 b4 they tested blood for AIDS and other issues that could be passed thru blood transfusions.Now they use the patients own blood to make the patch or a synthetic substance.

I pray u get answers to ur questions...and relief from ur leak.

"selma"
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22